Friday, August 5, 2011

MSN rant #2

Levi-tah - says
it's like
k
so
when two people are stressed out this happens
especially to me because I'm incredibly paranoid about everything
and I suck at explaining myself
too
because
you know
this is why I'm afraid of term papers
I'm a creative writer--I can't organize my thoughts
I can't explain things
I let readers interpret them in any way they want
my writing isn't for babying you through fcking understanding it
like you can't figur it out on your own
You have to work through it
enjoy it
and imagine
that you are in my brain
or in the brain of whatever you want to imagine yourself in
and just THINK
about what it imight mean
this is what you do in literature classes, after all
nobody really knows if this is what the author meant--unless they SAID IT with their OWN MOUTH
but elitist scholars like to pretend they know how to analyze classic works
and make fun of/shun youth today for not understanding classic works today
or for reading works not considered classic
and listen to me
EVERYONE
HAS
THEIR
OWN
FUCKING
OPINION
you don't sit there and say
"this is what this means, you are wrong"
unless you're interpreting my poems about daylilies as poems about alien truckdrivers throwing up in bars
I allow leeway
okay
i am done
sorry

1 comment:

  1. You should rant at me some time. I would listen so good.

    ReplyDelete